MP Real Photo Portfolio

Friday, April 29, 2011

Photo of the week

   I just started new galery "Photo of the week" on my facebook page. In this blog I will write a bit more about how I took the photo.
Don't worry this is not the photo of the week. This is the very first photo I took after I arrived to the location. If you want to know more about how it is possible to morph something like this into a decent photo and also the final shot click on Read more.


  The first photo serves only as a light meter. I just needed to find out what F-stop, ISO and shutter speed I had to use in order to properly expose the windows. In this one photo I manage to concentrate almost all mistakes so commonly seen in the real estate photography.

1.)  Falling vertical lines
2.)  Big black areas without details.
3.)  Very average composition


But as a light meter it works quite well. We see that he windows are bright, but still contain details. So we introduce a bit light from few flashes, out camera on tripod and check whether camera is level. It is possible to buy a small level which perfectly fits the hot-shue of the DSLR. We back up a bit to show more of the space (the whole real estate photography is about space). And here is the result after 15 minutes on site and another 10 minutes in Photoshop:



Link to the facebook galery is here . My homepage is www.mpfoto.sk


P.S. You probably noticed that while I was setting up the flashes and the camera I removed my bags from the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment