MP Real Photo Portfolio

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Photo of the week. ALO diamonds


Today I have got something a bit more interesting than usual.  No bathrooms, no livingrooms no bedrooms, but the shop. Although I probably should not call ALO diamonds a shop. It is much more than a shop. To enter ALO diamonds showroom is a luxury experience.  Right from the entry, you are overwhelmed by combination of dark colors, mirrors, and shiny display cases full of jewelry. Simply photographer's "heaven".

 
  The huge contrast is way over the limits of today's digital cameras, and every flash reflects itself at least 3 or 4 times. Luckily I played pool as a youth.(the theory of bouncing is basically the same as with the light). So I used only 2 flashes with umbrellas and on some photos I manually combined two exposures into one. One exposure for the interior and second one for he shiny display cases.
  After shooting the interior photos I asked the shop assistant  whether she could pose for me.  I lit the curtain with two flashes and shot the "empty" photo.  Then I shot the series of photos of the shop assistant next to the show cases, me standing next to her and lighting her with the small softbox. The camera was on the tripod and I used remote shutter.
  In the photoshop I put all photos into layers and masked out from each one just the shop assistant without myself and the flash. And the result is here:




And a few more "normal" photos of the ALO diamonds showroom in Olympia shopping center in Brno.





No comments:

Post a Comment