MP Real Photo Portfolio

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Photo of the week. Kilkenny

So now we have something a bit refreshing. Few days ago I did photograph a pub. On top of standard interior shots I wanted to photograph  something a bit more specific. When I looked on the tap I got it. They have Kilkenny here!

I asked the owner to make one beer. I had in few minutes on the bar. The lighting of the back and side wall was set since the interior photos, the only think to light was the glass. I stood up the flash Sigma 500DG roughly 2 meters to the right leveled with the bar and just a little bit behind the glass. In this way I would not see the direct reflection of the flash. I reduced the power of the flash to 1/8 and set aperture on the camera to f4.5 in order to blurry a bit the background. That's it. Simple and fast. At the end I still had the froth on the beer.

P.S.
Of course I didn't waste the beer. Luckily one beer is tolerated behind the wheel in Austria.

No comments:

Post a Comment